About Recipes
Subscribe

June 28, 2014

Strawberry Lemonade Slushie























Honestly, I hate summer. It's too hot, like way too hot and I end up walking home everyday covered in sweat and feeling gross. Plus it's too bright. I think I'm secretly vampire.

Anyway, the only reason I do like summer is that it gives you the excuse to drink copius amounts of ice coffee and smoothies and slushies. Although it rained today (oh how I love England) I decided to concoct my own summer smoothie/slushie recipe. It combines my two favourite things, strawberries and lemonade and went suprisingly well for a first attempt. It's super easy to make, contains a lot less sugar than regular slushies, and each serving is only around 30 calories. Plus it tastes really, really good.

Ingredients:
- One cup of large strawberries (around 7-8 strawberries)
- Two cups of diet lemonade
- One cup of ice

Method:
This one's really simple. All you have to do is cut off the tops of the strawberries, put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for about half a minute. Then, pour your slushie into two glasses and serve.

Serves 2 - 30 calories per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment