About Recipes
Subscribe

July 12, 2014

Berry and Banana Smoothie Breakfast Bowl

























Breakfast is probably my least favourite meal, mainly due to the fact that almost everyday I have to rush it. Honestly, I'm not what you would call an 'Early Bird', I absolutely hate mornings. I'm still in school, meaning I have to be out the door by 8 to ensure I'm not late, and my morning routine is simple: wake up, stay in bed lie in as long as possible (which is about 10 minutes to be honest), get dressed as quickly as I can, grab my stuff, and try to eat some breakfast before I leave. On weekdays, my breakfast is sometimes a cereal bar or a bit of yoghurt if I'm in a rush, but most days it's fibre/bran flakes with raisins, banana and a couple of almonds. Pretty tasty, but also pretty boring. Weekends are great because I get the time to actually make myself a decent breakfast. My weekend breakfasts are either banana pancakes (I usually make these on Sundays, so I'll post a recipe tomorrow!) or a smoothie bowl like the one above. Berries are my favourite type of fruit; sweet, rich in antioxidants and fibre, they fill me up quickly and are a great start to the day, however, can be a bit boring by themselves. Based on Deliciously Ella's recipe (her blog is a-m-a-z-i-n-g, you should definitely go check it out), I concocted a relatively fast and simple breakfast smoothie bowl that is really really tasty. Consisting of blueberries, strawberries AND raspberries, as well as banana and yoghurt, this is one of my favourites and I hope you all will try it!


























Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup of yoghurt (you can use whatever kind/flavour you want, but I recommend Rachel's Organic Fat Free Blueberry Yoghurt, it tastes amazing and is pretty cheap to buy too)
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 frozen banana (to freeze, cut up a banana into slices - it's easier to do this before you freeze it - put the slices in a plastic sandwich/zip lock bag, and put that in the freezer for about an hour or two)
- 2 tablespoons of granola to top it off (this is optional, and I don't actually have a granola recipe yet - I prefer to buy mine because it's quicker and usually costs about £1 for a kg at my local supermarket - but, if you do want to make your own there's a great recipe here)

Method:
This one's really simple; put all the ingredients (apart from the granola) into a blender, and blend on high for about a minute. Pour the smoothie into a bowl or a mug, and top it off with granola and a couple more berries if you want to. You can also add more yoghurt to the top!

Approx. 240 calories per serving - Serves 1

No comments:

Post a Comment